Neonatal Therapy National Certification®
- Requirements for neonatal therapy certification include a minimum of 3 years as a credentialed professional (physical therapist, occupational therapist, or speech-language pathologist), 3500 hours of experience in the NICU, 40 hours of education about NICU-specific content within the last 3 years, 40 hours of mentored experiences, and a passing score on the Neonatal Therapy National Certification Examination.
- Applicants who fulfill all of the requirements of Neonatal Therapy National Certification® will earn the credentials of Certified Neonatal Therapist: CNT.
- Certification is valid for 5 years from the date of certification.
Neonatal Therapy Certification Application Process
- Download the applicant checklist and the application instructions before you get started.
- Each applicant will have access to an individual portal after establishing a username and password and paying the application fee. This portal will allow applicants to create a professional portfolio where all required documentation for certification will be submitted to the certification board.
- Technical problems can be addressed by emailing email@example.com
Neonatal Therapy National Certification Examination
- Applicants who have submitted their completed certification application will be notified by the NTNCB if they satisfied all requirements within 90 days of application submission.
- The certification examination is computer-based and administered by a third party professional testing center. Testing centers are located throughout the United States and abroad. Please click here for a list of locations in your area.
- To meet the final requirement for certification, applicants must receive a passing score during administration of the Neonatal Therapy National Certification Examination.
- The exam is 100 questions and takes 2 hours to complete. Refer to the certification exam manual for more details.