The tabs below can be used to track your professional activities and education hours over the 5-year period prior to recertification.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to get started.
Information entered will be stored and you can add, edit or delete as needed.
- Recertification is required every 5 years.
- Recertification must be completed prior to expiration of current certification period.
- Failure to recertify prior to the expiration date of the current certification period will result in non-certified status. Those with non-certified status who wish to become certified will initiate the process again, including submitting an application and taking the certification examination.
- Recertification applicants will submit documentation to support the requirements for recertification through their established applicant portal.
- Submission of current licensure/professional credential
- Completion of a minimum of 2000 hours of NICU-related practice over the 5-year certification period, which may include:
- Direct patient care in the NICU
- Teaching or clinical instruction
- Mentoring other neonatal therapists
- Professional presentations (i.e. presentations to residents or nurses, conference presentations)
- Research, quality improvement, and/or publication
- NICU program development
- Leadership/boards/advisory teams related to the NICU
- Developing/training/testing new products for NICU infants, families and/or neonatal therapists
- 60 hours of professional education related to NICU clinical practice over the 5 year certification period
- Examination is not required for recertification those who submit 2000 NICU-related practice hours and 60 hours of professional education related to NICU clinical practice.
Retaking the certification exam is an option for those who do not submit 2000 NICU-related practice hours and 60 hours of professional NICU-related education.
- A recertification fee, currently $200, is required at the time the applicant completes his/her recertification application. This is the fee for either submitting practice and education hours or for retaking the examination.
- Review of the recertification application will take up to one month.
Please click on the requirements below in order to be taken to a secure site, where you may track your education hours as well as your professional activity hours while your certification is valid. This may be used for your personal record keeping, whether you decide to submit for recertification or take the examination.