FAQs – Recertification
1. What are the crendentials and how long do they last?
- Those who fulfill the requirements of neonatal therapy certification will earn the credentials of Certified Neonatal Therapist: CNT.
- Certification is valid for 5 years.
2. What does the recertification process entail?
- CNTs must apply for recertification prior to expiration of CNT designation. CNTs seeking recertification must demonstrate professional credentialing, have accrued 2000 NICU-related practice hours, and obtained 60 hours of NICU-related professional education within the 5-year period of certification. A recertification fee, equivalent to the current application fee, must also be submitted. Examination is not required for recertification for those who submit 2000 NICU-related practice hours and 60 hours of professional education related to NICU clinical practice.
Retaking the certification exam is an option for those who do not submit 2000 NICU-related practice hours and 60 hours of professional NICU-related education.
Click here to read more about recertification.
3. How do I track professional activities for recertification?
- All CNTs are given access to a portal, in which they can track education, practice and other professional activities for recertification.